Wednesday, June 25

car seats, outings, exciting news, and my hubby the cook

Lily has officially christened her new convertible car seat! She had her reusable swim diaper on (which doesn't hold pee, just poop) today and I thought we could run down to the pool real quick in it. Well.. no luck. She peed in her beautiful new expensive car seat! :) Oh well... it was bound to happen, right? The material is great though - it wiped right up and doesn't absorb in. By the way... she is LOVING her new big girl car seat. It is angled a bit higher up so she can see out better and it's much more comfy and non-confining. Definitely worth the money spent!

Yesterday was a long day without Matt. They took the clients at work to the zoo in Asheboro, NC. So he was gone most of the day. Lily and I had a good day though - we went to see my old co-workers and then went to the pool with Alicia and Andi. Lily had a blast in the pool yesterday! She was laughing up a storm and stayed in her float for awhile.

Today we went to visit my friend Ren from college at work. She works at the library at Liberty so we swung by for a bit. Lily enjoyed spending some time with her and I had a good chance to sit and talk with her which we hadn't done in awhile.
Lily news: She is not a big "fruit" lover. Bananas and pears are the two that she does love so far. The others I have tried: applesauce, prunes, and now peaches she is NOT a fan of. She adamantly refuses them unless I mix them in with her oatmeal. I guess cause those are "stronger" fruits than the bananas or pears. Lily also got her first diaper rash. When she woke up the other morning, there was poop in her diaper. I don't know how long it had been there (since she sleeps the whole night) and she had never cried or fussed about anything. Anyways... it gave her a rash. It's getting better though today.

And.... the most exciting news of the day.... Lily is attempting to crawl!!! This morning it's like she all of a sudden figured out she could get herself to go forward and not just side to side or backwards. She is by no means a full crawler yet, but she works really hard to get herself forward now to get something. She'll pull her legs up under her and push them to go forward. It was SOO cute. Another one of those rewarding moments where I'm SO happy that I get to stay home with her and see all her firsts!!!
Lastly, I just want to say how great a cook my husband is!!! He usually does most of the cooking (not that I can't, but he loves it and is really good at it). Tonight he made the most delicious rotini baked spaghetti. And my new favorite of his... burritos!! You haven't had an amazing burrito until you eat one of his.

No comments: