Saturday, July 18

catch up and throw up

So we've been busy busy as goes our "norm" now. I can't remember everything we've done but to recap some...

This past week we picked blueberries with Mary and Abby. Very fun although it was really hot outside!! With the blueberries we picked, I made this delicious blueberry crumb cake. It was amazing!!

Went to the mall play area with Lyz and Brooklyn. Lily and Brooklyn had a blast running around!

Went to see "My Sister's Keeper" with Genna and Mary. Had a great time and loved the movie (despite crying throughout!). For all you females - it's definitely a good one you should see.Small group is going great and we're really enjoying hosting it at our place.

Had family dinner out at Cheeseburger in Paradise. YUM! I get the same thing every time - pressed burger and chocolate nachos for dessert. I love that meal and hadn't had it in a long time!

Had dinner with my parents at Longhorn Steakhouse. YUM! Two delicious meals in one week.

Work is going good on Friday's. I'm enjoying it and it's nice to have a little extra cash!

Went to see "The Proposal" last week with Mary and Chris. Also a great movie! Afterwards, I saved the church from burglars. Yes, I was a hero! Haha. Here's the story...we were leaving our house that night and we saw a few teenagers walking across the back of the church. It looked suspicious so we drove around to the front of the church. there was a car parked on the side and then when we drove around and looked down the alley we saw them trying to get in to the side door of the church (next to our house). So... Matt parked, we both got out, and I took off running. They of course took off, got in their car and sped off. Yay me!! :)

My brother-in-law got married today! Mike and Jen were engaged before Mike left for bootcamp. They decided since Jen was going to be up there visiting him this weekend that they would go ahead and get married at the courthouse so when Mike puts in orders he can list himself as married. It should help him get better placement and housing. So I officially have a new sister-in-law! Welcome to the Bruns family Jen! We're so glad you're a part of it!

And finally... my sweet lily threw up for the first time tonight. She had just finished dinner and I was getting ready to get her out of the high chair and it just all came right back up. She hadn't seemed to eat very much all day today. After she threw up she was acting like her normal self though. So I'm hoping she's better in the morning and it was just a quick fluke bug or something.

No comments: