Monday, November 19

Scheduled Induction

Today we went for my non-stress test since I'm past my due date now and also to see the midwife. Our little girl didn't cooperate for a long time on the test - so it ended up taking about an hour and a half just for that! The test was good though.

My midwife did another cervical exam which was a LOT more promising this week! I was 80-90% effaced, baby's head was at station 0 (good and low), and 1CM dialated. The midwife said I was a good candidate now to be induced if we were interested - so of course we said yes to that. They have scheduled me for induction on Wednesday (21st). I will either be going in to the hospital tomorrow (Tuesday) night or Wednesday morning. I will find out tomorrow. They want me to come in again in the morning to be checked to see if I am anymore effaced/dialated at that point.

The midwife also did what is called "sweeping the membranes." Basically they put their fingers between the amniotic sac and uterus and sweep around. This helps to release prostaglandins which help to prepare the cervix. It wasn't as painful, thankfully, as last week. This is probably due to the fact that I was a lot farther along than last week.

I can hardly believe that in 2 days we will have our baby girl!! I have had a bit of every emotion I think today. Even though I knew it was near - it's becoming much more reality. Scared/nervous/excited/happy - you name it! Which I believe is quite normal.

We will keep everyone posted and of course post pictures once she is here! Be in prayer for all 3 of us!!

No comments: