Tuesday, November 6

38 Weeks Appointment

Went for my appointment yesterday afternoon. They did say my rash looked bad -not that it's harmful to the baby or me, but that it really looked like it would be giving me a fit! Which, of course, it is! She talked with one of the physicians and they prescribed me 2 medicines that should take care of the itching until I am ready to have the baby. They said it should help within 24 hours and if it doesn't, to call them. So that was good news!! She said it can continue to spread - down your arms and legs -so I'm hoping it doesn't get to that. But she said NO scratching - that makes it worse. And not to rub lotion on it cause that will make it worse too. The two prescriptions are for Atarax and Pepcid AC. They apparently are both some form of antihistamine blocker. The Atarax should really help the itching but it can make you drowsy. They are also running one other blood test to make sure the rash isn't from something else. I can't remember what the other thing is called but I think she said it's kind of like having jaundice inside. But they are 99% sure it's the PUPPP. I weighed 138.6 - 24 pound weight gain. Guess we'll see whether I hit that 140 mark or not. Everything else is going great. I think next week at my appointment they might do a vaginal exam for dilation, effacement, etc.

On a follow up note as of this morning... I took the two medicines last night at about 4:30PM, Matt and I went to dinner, and then after I came back I took another baking soda bath. Well, after that I was feeling SOO drowsy. I laid down on the couch at about 6:30PM and was out until this morning. So there is no way that I would be able to take that during the day or I would not be able to function. It also didn't relieve the itching unfortunately. When I would rouse, I still felt it. So I have put in a call to the office this morning to let them know and see if there's any other recommendations for me.

Only 11 days now until my due date though. So that is VERY exciting!!

No comments: