Thursday, October 4

Heartburn, Backaches, and Class

So my life now consists of a lot of heartburn, backaches, and hip pain. Sounds like fun, huh? The growing belly is definitely affecting my body now. Sleeping isn't too bad except for the nights when I have heartburn - the reflux is awful and keeps me awake. My back and hips by the end of the day are hurting because of sitting at my desk. I believe I'm putting on a little more weight again though unlike the previous 2 weeks where I didn't gain any. I will find out more at my appointment on Monday.

We have finally finished up the nursery (well, almost). The only thing left I want to do is to buy wall letters for her name to hang up. I'll take pictures soon to be able to post of how everything looks. I just love our bedding set and I am glad we decided to do the "girly" option!

We had childbirth class again last night. We reviewed everything we had talked about so far and the stages of labor. Then she talked about your water breaking - how it can happen, what they do if they need to break it. Watched 4 more live births - AAHH! :) The video was discussing the different types of birth - natural, epidural, c-section, twins, etc. Then we did breathing exercises and talked a little bit about epidurals. Next week is when we will really get in to that discussion and she will talk about the pros/cons of epidurals. It kind of stinks that you can't get out of bed and move around if you have an epidural, but I think the benefits of pain relief will definitely outweigh that factor.

On a side note, my sister had two embryos implanted in her uterus yesterday for the IVF process. Be in prayer for her and that at least one of these embryos will hang on and attach to the uterus! I would LOVE to have another niece or nephew! Results will be in two weeks.

Our baby girl is moving around a lot still and we're just so excited for her to get here. I can't wait to see what she looks like and hold her. It seems like the next 6 1/2 weeks are going to go by slowly!

No comments: