Tuesday, October 9

34 Weeks

Had another appointment yesterday with the midwife. I am SO glad that I had to by accident see a midwife last time because I absolutely love seeing them! I have definitely decided to switch over to them so they will be delivering our baby. I talked with her this week about the differences between midwives/doctors, what if there is complications they can’t handle, need a c-section, etc. She was very informative and said they work closely with the doctors in the practice so if there is anything that goes wrong they are always right there on call (which hopefully nothing will!). She was very reassuring and willing to take the time to talk with me. The midwives are also there during your labor as well as delivery, not just like a doctor who will come in at the last minute to deliver your baby. She said that they are there for you and will do whatever they can to help you through everything – rub your back, help you get in the whirpool, etc. So that will be wonderful to have that extra support – after all I am paying them a bunch of money so they should! J They are totally neutral on epidurals too – she said that they support whatever the woman feels is best and what they want – they’re not all like “oh you need to try to do it natural.” Matt and I just feel really good about them. There are 3 of them that rotate on call – Nancy, Mary, and Tamra. Mary is newer to the practice and young but she is absolutely fabulous. I will see Nancy next time.

The appointment went well. I made up for the 2 pounds I didn’t gain last time – I gained 4 pounds the past two weeks so I know weigh a whopping 134 (total gain of 20 pounds). My uterus is growing well too – measured 33cm this week – so only one week off my actual time (34). Mary said that I am definitely just having a smaller baby which will have part to do with that – and that on both ultrasounds the baby was on the 22nd percentile – so smaller but she said still completely healthy and fine. She felt around to see what position the baby was in again – man, does that feel uncomfortable! Her head is down but is off to my right side/pelvis area. So she still needs to move around and have her head in the center but she has a little time to do so. I start going every week now – so another appointment next Monday (it’s getting much closer!).

On a side note, sleeping through the night is now a distant memory for awhile I guess! There’s always something that keeps waking me up in the nights – and that then usually wakes Matt up too. We decided that it must be getting us ready for having the baby and not getting straight through sleep!

No comments: