Tuesday, October 23

Time is slowing...

Time just seems to be dragging now but the end is in sight - 25 more days to go! Went to see the midwife again yesterday. Everything was great. I weighed in at 136 (same as last week so no weight gain) and measured 35cm (1 week less but that's normal). Baby's heartbeat sounded good and steady. My Strep B test they did last week came back negative so I don't need to have antibiotics during labor/delivery. Besides that, nothing new. I go back again next Monday. Hopefully only 3 more appointments would be nice! Let's hope she's on time or a little early!

Last week we had our last childbirth class and got our certificate of completion - yeah for us! Apparently we are officially ready for childbirth now - guess we'll see! We also took a tour of the birth center at the hospital. It is really nice and the rooms are great - all private. I get room service with whatever I want to eat off the menu 24 hours a day - yeah! I'm also the geek who asked if there was wireless internet available in the rooms. There is so that means Matt can bring the laptop and hopefully post a few pics and news of her birth! Her picture will also be posted on the hospital's website: http://www.ohlooknps.com/vbh/.

All I can say is I am ready to have her! Ready to get rid of all the aches and pains in my hips/lower back. Ready to get rid of my heartburn. And most importantly, ready to see her and hold her! She's been so active and her movements at times are REALLY noticeable. You should see my belly jumping out and her contourting it in all these weird positions! It's SO crazy to really think that there is a real baby living inside there!

No comments: