Monday, June 21

hodge podge

Today I went for my 37 week check-up. Everything was great. Dilated 1 cm., 70% effaced, -1 station. I had gained 1 pound since last week so I'm at a total of 134.5. I had to see another doctor today since Dr. Wilkes didn't have any appointments for this week but she was really nice.

This morning Matt left with the youth group for missions trip. They are going to Hillsville, VA to do some work at Joy Ranch. Having him leave while I'm not pregnant is hard enough but it's been much harder being 37 weeks pregnant! I'm trying to stay busy so I don't get lonely or worried. I'm praying that the trip goes really smoothly since this will be Matt's first time being THE leader of a missions trip. I'm sure he's going to do a GREAT job!

Yesterday was father's day and I was going to post pics but Matt has the camera with him. We had a great day despite the many things he had to do to get ready to leave. Lily made his day by telling him that he was a "really great daddy" while putting her to bed. What a sweetheart! I have to agree that he is the most incredible amazing loving caring dad to our little girl. The love he has for Lily makes me so happy! We had church in the morning and then later on in the day was able to go out to dinner for father's day.

We've been spending lots of days at the pool lately because it's been so hot! Storytime for a short summer session started again today and Lily was very excited. She loves that so much! I've also been busy getting things finished up at the house and ready for baby. The girls rooms look great - I love the paint colors and my mom is now working on the final touches, the curtains. I'll post pictures once they're finally completed.

Saturday was our baby shower for #2 hosted by our friends. It was nice and relaxing - a pool party/bbq at Matt's parents house. We got a few things that we needed including some diapers! Now just have to pick up a few more things at the store this week that I still need. I really want a moby wrap this time but I hate that you can't buy it in an actual store so I'm trying to decide whether to spend the money or not.

2 comments:

The Tylers said...

Do you know anone that has a Moby Wrap, so you could borrow it and see if it's worth investing in one?

Matt and Amanda Bruns said...

I unfortunately don't know anyone local that has one. :( Everybody that does lives somewhere else... If I order it from babies-r-us I'm almost positive I can just return it to the store if I don't like it.