Wednesday, June 9

35 week check, painting, funny lily

Went back again today for a weekly baby belly check up. Seems like I'm there all the time now that I'm going every week! Things looked great. Heartrate was 142 and belly measured 33 weeks. I weighed 132.5 (gain of a pound) and blood pressure was good.

They did the swab test for Group B strep today. I didn't have it with Lily so chances are it should be negative again. I was about a fingertip dilated (less than 1 cm) and the baby's head has come down and is low in my pelvis. All in preparation for D-Day! It's coming very quickly now and I'm starting to get the freak out moments that I think all parents get before they have a baby!

I'm still trying to finalize my choice for a paint shade for Lily's room and baby girl's room. I know I'm doing a green in Lily's room and a coral/peach in baby's room but have had a hard time determining the right shade I want. Want to paint by the beginning of next week though. Then I still also have to order blinds for both of their rooms (doing room darkening roller shades) and have my mom make curtains. All of this which I'm hoping to get done in the next week or two.

I don't know if any of you have seen the SNL skits with the character "gilly" in them. But Papa has taught Lily how to do the "Gilly..., Sorry" thing in almost the exact tones that they use. It's hilarious! If you haven't seen the skits you should look them up on the web.

Having a good week. Monday (our family day) was lots of fun. We took Lily to the zoo, went to Macarthur mall for lunch, played putt putt that afternoon, and got slurpees. Yesterday we met Mary and her girls for a playdate at the children's garden/water play area at Botanical Gardens. Lily had a blast and wore herself out!