Thursday, September 25

where do I begin?

Wow - I can't believe that it's been 2.5 weeks since I last blogged! SO much has been going on that has prevented me from blogging or rather has not motivated me to blog until now. Two major events have occured.

First I shall start with the first week that I did not blog (the week before vacation). That was a CRAZY scary week. It all started with a small blind pimple at the edge of my nose. To skip the huge part in between it grew in to an inflammed swollen area that was infected with MRSA. For those of you that aren't familiar with MRSA - it's a type of staff infection that is resistant to certain antibiotics that are normally prescribed for infection. Somewhere in that week there was two trips to my doctor and two trips to the ER plus a whole lot of scared on top. Luckily I went to the doctor and caught it early on so it didn't get *too* bad whatever that means. It still hurt like HECK! I basically couldn't leave town until we started seeing improvement with the right antibiotic for vacation. We originally were scheduled to leave Sunday but thankfully it started to show some improvement that day so we were able to leave Monday. It took about all last week for it finally heal completely. There's still a tiny indention from the huge hole that was there but that's it. That whole week I just felt like crap and didn't even feel good with it so thus no blogging.

Then all of last week we were gone to Myrtle Beach for vacation with my parents at their timeshare. The resort was absolutely GORGEOUS and right on the ocean! The mornings and nights were so wonderful just sitting out on the balcony listening to the ocean and talking. I wish I could be on vacation all year round! Lily was such a great sport since besides nap time at the resort we were gone doing something with her in her stroller most of the time. She has always enjoyed being in her stroller out and about though. Her favorite part was definitely the pool. There was a big splash area for kids and a walk in side to the pool. We put her down in that area where it was really shallow and she just crawled around in there like a mad woman! It was SO stinkin cute - she LOVED it!! Her least favorite part was the ocean. We took her down there for the first time and the waves definitely scared her. I can't blame her though - something big and loud coming towards you isn't the most fun of things if you're a baby! Some of the things we did.... Boardwalk at the Beach, Barefoot Landing, outlet shopping, Murrells Inlet, checking out the tourist strip part of MB. We just had a blast!

Finally some new things about Lily... Our little girl is now officially 10 months old!! She LOVES to dance. Anytime that music comes on she bounces up and down and waves her arms - it's so cute! The past few days she's been screaming - not that she's mad or upset - she just likes to hear herself scream I guess. We're officially off of pureed baby food now. Lily is a table food eater now and loving it! It requires more creativity and thought on my part but she really was not in to baby food anymore. While we were in Myrtle Beach she cut one of her top teeth and the other one is about to come through now too. It's so cute to see her smile with her front tooth! She tries to climb on everything now if she can get her knees high enough. Well... I think there's more but that's all that comes to mind right now.

Matt and I celebrated our 3 year anniversary yesterday! We were ableOff to enjoy my delicious homemade dinner I made (mini meatloaves bbq style from the Kraft Magazine). Then watch the season premiere of The Office!!! Yeah!!!! I'll post pics tomorrow of vacation or you can check them all out at our picture site (http://bruns924.shutterfly.com).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

finally! I feel semi caught up on your life ;) haha...I made those mini meatloafs too!! They were yummy!