Friday, September 5

finally

Well... I'm finally getting around to blogging. I haven't been very good the past 2 weeks, have I? I meant to do it the past two nights but BOTH nights our internet has been out for some reason. I guess they finally got the problem fixed because it was up and running today.

It has been a busy week or two so here's a recap:

First... a fun photo shoot outside. Man, we sure did make the most beautiful little girl in the whole world!! She is SO freakin adorable!
Last weekend we headed to Virginia Beach to visit our family. We stayed at Matt's parents this time and our nephew Aaron is living there currently with Missy (his mom and Matt's sister). He is about to turn 2. Lily and him had a BLAST together. It was so cute seeing them "play." They loved playing chase. Aaron would keep running around the house in a circle and Lily would try to crawl after him as fast as she could. It was SO cute! Then Aaron had this little chair that he would keep sitting at and patting beside him telling Lily to sit beside him. She would crawl over there and I would help her up sit on the seat. She loved it and would just sit and watch him. SOO adorable! I look forward to the days when our kids and our nieces and nephews are older and can really play together! I want our kids to be close with their cousins. Family is so important to us and I wish I had had a closer relationship with my cousins growing up (the few I did have!).
I threw Matt a surprise party/cookout while we were there for his graduation from Seminary. I'm just so proud of him and can't wait to see where God takes us next - hopefully SOMEWHERE cause we're ready for a change! The party was great and Matt got to see a few friends too he hadn't seen in awhile. Plus he really was surprised which was great!! Lily did pretty good with all the people. She even let some hold her! Plus she took a nap for awhile during the party so it gave me time to socialize.While we were there Matt got his mom to shave his head. He has said for awhile now that he is just gonna start shaving it cause it's easier and saves money for having to get it cut all the time! His hair grows so fast. So he finally braved up and did it. I was scared seeing his hair come off but it looks great! He looks great any way though. :)

We got back Monday since Matt had off for Labor Day. That was a LONG car ride because Lily only took a half hour nap in the car - UGH! The rest of the week has been busy even though we've been at home. Just trying to catch up with laundry, unpacking, etc. Plus this week I've been trying to research ideas for more easy table foods for Lily because she is TOTALLY not in to baby food anymore! I have to sneak in the spoon food while she's occupied with her table foods. She also will really only drink her bottle if she's holding it now. My little girl is becoming so independent!

Lily cruises along furniture better and better everyday. She's been saying "mama" A LOT more now and I really do think she uses it in context now for me. This week I've been trying to teach her how to clap - so far I've got nothing but hopefully soon!

The next few weeks - well pretty much until November feel like it's going to be a whirlwind of things going on. The most important being our vacation to Myrtle Beach next week!!! We leave not this Sunday but next. I'm SOOO excited. We haven't been on a real vacation since last summer and I'm desperate for one!! We're going with my parents and staying at their timeshare. It's this BEAUTIFUL new Marriott timeshare resort right on the beach! So we'll have built in help/babysitting too which is great!

Well.... I'm sure there's more but that will do! Just want to say congratulations to my friend Calie from high school. She had her beautiful baby girl Hannah early this morning! Welcome to the wonderful world of motherhood!

No comments: