Saturday, September 25

Late 2 month update!

Realized I never posted this 2 month update on Maribel that I had written... :)

As I'm sure other mothers can attest to... having two children keeps you on your toes and you don't have much down time to do things like blog! So my Happy 2 Month Maribel blog is coming a bit late. :)

My beautiful Maribel is already now 2 months old and growing so quickly! Right around the 2 month mark she has started to really be much more social. She gives big cheesy grins to me all the time and I've gotten a faint giggle once or twice! It's so rewarding when your sweet baby starts responding back to you! You know you must be doing something right. She LOVES her bouncer and "talks" to the little monkey and lizard that go up and down. She wasn't doing this right at 2 months, but this past week (10 weeks) she can now hold her head up on her belly for short bits of time. Go Maribel! I love my sweet baby girl and treasure every single moment that I have with her.

After her 2 month check-up, I started putting her on her belly in her crib for naps because napping had become very difficult for her. She has been sleeping SO much better for naps since I did that. I have the monitor in her crib right next to her so I can hear her breathing over the monitor. She takes about 4 naps a day - sometimes 3. Her middle of the day nap is usually the longest one. We are mostly on the eat/wake/sleep cycle except for evening time. She seems to be MUCH hungrier in the evening hours between her last 2 bottles - about 2 hours between. The other periods of the day are usually between 3-4 hours.

I had been doing the babywise format - waking her in the morning at the same time, feeding her at the same intervals (every 3 hours) but it just didn't seem to work well for her and she is more varied during the day of when she needs to eat. So even though she's on a routine - it's not a strict every 3 hours. She has fallen in to her own pattern really well. She marches to the beat of her own drum unlike Lily did at that age. :) Lily was already going every 4 hours predictably and eating a lot more. Maribel usually drinks between 3-4 ounces.

She goes to bed now at about 8:30 each night. I lay her on her back for nighttime sleep and swaddle her. She sleeps really well. I wake her at 11 to feed her before I go to bed and then she is still eating one more time in the night - usually around 4am. Hoping we'll get through the whole night soon though!

No comments: