Friday, January 14

Happy 6 Months Maribel!

To my adorable Maribel:

Happy 6 month half birthday baby girl! As I start to write this letter to you on your first half birthday, I feel like I don't even have the words to tell you just how much I love you. You light up my life just by being you. Your sweet chubby cheek smiles just make my heart melt all over again. I am so thankful to God that He saw fit to entrust you to me and your dad's care - what a huge responsibility. I know I'm not a perfect mom and I make mistakes, but I pray each day that God will use my efforts to raise you up to be a woman after His own heart.

Here are some of the wonderful things you are doing these days... You have learned to sit on your own really well. You still fall over sometimes but are becoming more and more stable every day. You drool A LOT and love to eat anything in your sight.... toys, your hands, my phone! You know how to roll from your belly to your back and have almost rolled the other way but not quite yet. Sleeping has become much better these days for you. You take either 2 or 3 naps a day and the morning and afternoon one are getting longer. You sleep on your belly for naps and your back for nighttime with your little taggie blanket. You go to bed around 7:30 at night and get up around 7am. You usually wake around 6am... sometimes you go back to sleep and sometimes you don't. We started solids about 2 weeks ago and so far you have tried rice cereal, sweet potatoes, and carrots. Rice cereal is definitely on your not like list! You have started making these yucky faces when I try to feed you rice cereal. You have 2 feedings with solid food now (breakfast and lunch). You LOVE bathtime, especially when your sister is in the tub with you. We have to work hard for your laughs but when you do they are so full of spirit. Your sister can make you laugh more than we can!Here are your stats from your 6 month check-up: Length is 28 inches (off the charts!), Weight is 18 pounds 8 ounces (90th percentile), and Head was 44 cm (80th percentile). You are our very very tall girl!! Everyone says you look just like your dad.

My prayer for you sweet Maribel as you grow is best summed up by God's Word: I pray that "the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give you a spirit of wisdom and of revelation in the knowledge of him, having the eyes of your hearts enlightened, that you may know what is the hope to which he has called you, what are the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints." Ephesians 1:17-18

I love you baby girl!

Love always and forever,
Mommy

Then:Now:

1 comment:

LoweFamily said...

Shes such a cute chubby baby! She sleeps wonderfully! You are a lucky mommy. :)