Thursday, July 29

Maribel's 2 week check-up and Lily-isms

We took Maribel to the doctor for her 2 week check-up on Wednesday. I am happy to report we have a healthy beautiful little girl! She weighed in at 7 pounds 4 ounces (25%), length was 20 3/4 inches (70%), and head was 36.5 cm (60%). Everything the doctor checked was great. Maribel is drinking about 3 ounces every 3 hours right now. I think she's hitting her 2 week growth spurt though because last night and once today she actually drank 4 ounces. She still sleeps most of the time but usually has a good awake spell at least once during the day and then for awhile at night. And in other Maribel news, her umbilical stump finally came off this evening! Yay!! Now she has a cute little belly button.

Lily loves helping to take care of Maribel- it's so sweet to watch! She's a great big sister! Lily has definitely started to learn sassiness now. We've been having to crack down on her tone of voice now and how she says things to us. We've been talking with her about the word disrespect and what that means. She seems to understand and will correct how she says things when we tell her that it is disrespectful. Lily has also been using these big words that I'm sure she's heard us say - like the word "apparently." It's so funny to hear my 2 year old use such complex words!

And a cute conversation between Lily and her daddy at dinner the other night:
Lily - "Ewww, there's a mushroom right there!"
Daddy - "You don't even know what a mushroom is."
Lily - "Haha. What's a mushroom?"

Matt is an incredible father and husband. I just have to say that he has been so supportive and helpful during this time of adjustment for us. He's been right by my side and I even awoke the other morning to the smell of bacon! He had made a big breakfast for us, including my coffee! What an amazing husband and daddy!

I am so incredibly blessed with this wonderful family of mine! I love my husband and my two sweet girls!

No comments: