Thursday, July 1

Book Recommendation

I love to read but find that it's hard for me to fit reading in to my life now a days. Lately I've been reading a chapter or so before I go to bed of a book. Matt is gradually building a good library of stuff that I find really interesting. I just finished up "A Million Miles in a Thousand Years" by Donald Miller. It was a good interesting read and I would highly recommend it.

After finishing this up though, I moved on to a book by Mark Driscoll called "Religion Saves: And Nine Other Misconceptions." One of the first chapters or "answers" that I read from him was about the emerging church movement. VERY INTERESTING! If you are at all familiar (or not) with the missional or emerging church concepts than I highly recommend this. I knew of the "emergent church" and I had also heard of the missional church movement but I found out I didn't know much and what I did know was incorrect. It brought in to light a very interesting perspective on the "emergent liberal church" and some of its main leaders. I knew that there was faults with this movement/belief system but I didn't know what they were and to what extent they were until I read this chapter. I'm grateful for a better perspective on this now and also the un-Biblical traps they are falling in to.

Well.. that's my rant on my reading as of late. If you have any good book recommendations, pass them on!

1 comment:

The Tylers said...

Goodnight Moon, Are You My Mother?, and various other children's books... that's about all I'm reading these days! Haha. :)