Thursday, September 13

Baby Shower and 30 Week Check-Up

So many new things have been going on the past week! I am 30 weeks now - only 10 more weeks to go. This past weekend we went back home to Virginia Beach for my baby shower there which my sister hosted. She and my mom did an absolute fantastic job!! It was beautiful and I got lots of stuff that I needed and items that I didn't need (including AT LEAST 10 blankets, and not even the get dirty kind, mostly fancy). Most all of the clothes were pastel pink too - really, it would be nice to have a little variety! :) We really don't have to buy too many more things and no "big money" items which is wonderful! My sister made us canvas paintings for the baby room that match our bedding set - SO beautiful! I was hoping that she would be able to do that for us. Then my parents got us a glider rocker with footstool which will definitely come in handy! Matt's parents got us the travel system - stroller and car seat. And of course there were lots of other gifts but too many to name here. I will try to post some shower pictures at a later date!

Then on Monday, we went to have a 3D/4D ultrasound done with both sets of parents there. Matt's mom had offered to pay to have one done because insurance doesn't cover that. It was SO neat getting to see what our baby looks like now - she is really growing and is so adorable!! I am putting up a few pictures but if you want to see all of them you can go to : http://babybruns.shutterfly.com/.




On another side note, Matt had an interview for a part time position at a church in Chesapeake over the weekend as well. I think it went great and I could see us liking the church and fitting in there. The pastor and worship pastor were great. So I guess we will wait and see! Matt would have to have a full time job though besides that position and we were worried some about him finding something. God gave us a huge blessing though - Matt's dad will be starting a new job in November for a navy contracting company and the man that his dad reports to is also a family friend from church. He has told Matt's dad that he can hire Matt on to his team to handle some entry-level things. So we have a job opening for Matt full time if he wants it back in Virginia Beach - crazy! We are praying over everything and asking God to give us guidance as we make this big decision.

Overall, the weekend was wonderful and it was nice to have our family together, including my extended family from Maryland! We had a blast!

Yesterday I went for my 30 week checkup and finally got to meet the 3rd doctor (Uray) who is a woman. She was wonderful! Everything except my iron checked out fine. I am measuring right at 30 weeks and my weight gain is perfect. I weighed 130 in the office. They tested my hemoglobin again since it was low when they last tested and had me start on an iron supplement. Well, it was still low and actually had gone done even a bit more. So they are having me take even more iron now to try and get that level back up. Besides that, I'm doing great! My back is starting to hurt more from the weight but overall I can't complain too much. I go again in two weeks for another check-up.

I think that about covers everything here. We are working on sorting through all the many things we got from the shower and trying to get everything washed for the baby. It's crazy how many things a little baby needs! We are so excited for her to get here though and can't wait to see her and hold her!

No comments: