Tuesday, September 25

32 Weeks

Yesterday I just felt awful during the day – weak, lightheaded, short of breath at times. I was scheduled to see the doctor on Wednesday but called to see if I could get in sooner sine I wasn’t feeling well. The OB doctor’s didn’t have anything available but they got me an appointment with one of the midwives at the practice. So I went in yesterday to get checked out for my normal visit and to address how I was feeling yesterday. The midwife was excellent! She took a lot more time with me and explained things in more detail to me. Matt was able to go and he really liked her as well. So on that note, I think we have decided for me to see the midwives the rest of the time and have them deliver our baby. From what I understand, the midwives are usually much more involved at the hospital versus just showing up at the very end. If there was any complications or I had to have a c-section, then they would call one of the doctor’s in.

They tested my iron levels again and they actually were back up to normal – all the way to 11.9! So that was excellent and I don’t have to take the supplement anymore. I haven’t gained any weight though from my last visit (2 weeks ago) and when she measured my uterus it was still at 30cm (what it was 2 weeks ago). It’s supposed to gradually grow of course and measure according to about what week you are (I’m 32 right now). So she said that if at my next visit in two weeks, there hasn’t been noticeable growth they would want to do an ultrasound/non-stress test to make sure the baby is doing okay and growing like she should. The midwife said that it could just be due to the fact that I am a smaller person and could be having a small baby – so I guess nothing to worry about at this point. She also encouraged me to eat a lot of small things throughout the day versus just 3 regular meals. With my stomach being crunched up and smaller, it’s important to keep it full all day long since it can’t handle huge amounts at one time. We’ll find out at my next appointment how the size is going though. Then the midwife felt around my belly to determine the positioning of the baby. This was the first time they started doing this and said that if she wasn’t in the right position they could do things to encourage her to change. I should rephrase when I said they “felt” around – it was much more like painfully push all around! She really dug in to feel all the parts – it hurt! The baby is head down though which is what she should be at this point.

I think that about covers everything about the appointment. We go again this evening for our childbirth class. My list of complaints is increasing – having to pee all the time and during the night, hips/back hurting, reflux is awful during the night, and the baby always seems to kick during the night and wake me up. But despite all my complaints, I’m so excited for her to get here!

On a side note too, my hormones must be raging. I can easily cry at anything! For example, Saturday I spilled a cup of water on the floor and just starting crying because I was upset about it. Matt thought it was funny and I get a laugh out of it too! Matt's been so supportive though and helpful especially as things are getting more uncomfortable now. I have a great husband! We celebrated our 2nd anniversary yesterday and I am so happy that our children will have a great dad like him!

No comments: