Tuesday, June 26

It's a GIRL!

Today we went for the halfway point ultrasound. What an exciting day!!! Matt of course was able to be there as well. When she first put the probe on my belly and I saw our little baby girl it was SO amazing to see this formed kicking baby in there! Yes - we are having a girl! At first she was all curled up but then she got moving around and stretching out. The first half of the ultrasound was checking different parts/sizes (brain, spine, legs, arms, etc.). Then finally she got in to a position where we could see whether she was a boy or girl. The ultrasound tech said "see those 3 white lines? That's her labia." And I said "that means it's a girl right?" Haha, silly me. I teared up some and just looked at Matt cause we were in such shock we finally knew what we were having and that this little baby moving around was ours! Matt's going to be such a great dad and I told him she will be daddy's little girl. She weighs 10 ounces and has a good heartrate (142) as well.







Then the tech said that since they just got the equipment for 3D ultrasounds and they were just trained, she was going to do that with me for FREE because I was a good candidate (smaller build). So we got lucky today!! The 3D stuff was amazing - just seeing her little face even though it's still so small was incredible. Matt's mom thinks she's got Matt's nose and I think her lips look like Matt's too. She kept putting her arms over her face though making it difficult to get a good shot. One time she even put her little hands up over face like she was saying "I've had enough picture taking now." :)






So far I have gained 4 pounds - and all of that really within the past few weeks. I have really grown a lot this week. Then we saw the doctor and he looked at all the ultrasound pics and said everything was fantastic and I was doing great. He said I was the model picture of a good healthy pregnancy!

Another plus: Our insurance only covers the one ultrasound which we had today unless there is a medical need for another one. Well, because of the baby's positioning, the tech couldn't get good shots of her heart which is imporant. So when I go again the end of July I will get to have another ultrasound!

Matt and I are both SO excited about our little girl! We went out looking at clothes tonight and had a celebratory dinner. Matt got her a little onesie that says "apple of daddy's eye." Now we just have to work on picking a name!

1 comment:

3d ultrasounds said...

Wonderful pictures and lovely blog. I must admit that guys inspire me way more than some babies! It's so simple, but yet so many tiny details which makes it subtle. :)